Search
  • Kent Casson

Home suffers extensive damage


A firefighter works to extinguish a house fire in Chenoa on Wednesday.

Although the cause of the Wednesday morning house fire in Chenoa has not been officially determined, a battery charger could be to blame according to the fire chief.


The roof and garage area of the home, at 599 Mello Street, sustained extensive damage and insurance investigators are planning to be on the scene Thursday. The state fire marshal was in town earlier Wednesday to assist with the investigation.


Chenoa Fire Chief Troy Aldrich said a neighbor helped get the homeowner out safely but the victim was treated for smoke inhalation. There were no reports of injuries and Chenoa firefighters were assisted by departments from Gridley, Lexington, Pontiac and Fairbury along with SELCAS. Gridley had its ladder truck on hand.


Crews were on the scene for several hours Wednesday after the initial call came in around 8:09 a.m. A second fire call occurred around 2 p.m. as there was some rekindling.


A neighbor across the street told Chenoa News there was a loud boom before she noticed the fire.

165 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
4D 323 DESIGN TEAM JOINT DISPLAY AD.jpg